Are you a counselor or social worker thinking about starting your own private practice? The process can feel overwhelming! Many of us struggle with the business aspect of private practice because we didn’t learn that in graduate school. Business consulting can be a great way to get your questions answered and develop a solid plan to grow a profitable business.
Alison Pidgeon is now working with Joe Sanok from Practice of the Practice to provide business consulting, with her niche being adding insurance to a practice and growing from a solo to a group practice. View her consulting page for more information.
Alison’s Business Resources
- Sign up for a free 5 day e-mail course written by Alison all about adding insurance to your private practice.
Featured Guest on These Podcasts:
- Practice of the Practice Podcast Episode 110: Mom and Business Owner Balance, An Interview with Alison Pidgeon
- Practice of the Practice Podcast Episode 167: Adding Insurance and Talking to Doctors with Alison Pidgeon
- Practice of the Practice Podcast Episode 172: Tips From the Pro’s
- The Therapist Experience Podcast Episode 38: Forming a Group Practice is Easier Than You Think
Practice of the Practice Blog Posts by Alison Pidgeon:
- Should I Have a Self-Pay or Insurance-Based Private Practice?
- How Do I Get Off of a Bad Insurance Panel and Bill “Out of Network”?
- How Do I Fill Out an Insurance Claim Form?
Alison is contributor for GoodTherapy.org, a directory for therapists in private practice and also a provider of continuing education. Alison will be hosting a marketing webinar on March 27, 2017 free to members of GoodTherapy.org.